Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Of Fun, Folly and the FWC


Being somewhat long in the tooth and a tad bit of a stubborn old coot, I like small government, period. I don't like city, county, state and federal potentates, cops and other revenuers poking about in my business and telling me what I can and cannot do and when I can or cannot do it - and no, I'm not going political on you!

FWC (Fish and Wildlife Commission) , is a state law enforcement branch, delegated by the Florida senate, to make sure we pay the king for the few fish we catch for our tables - it's good to be king eh?

FWC had been relegated in the past to enforcement of our fish and game laws but is now exercising general law enforcement activities - neither of which satisfy any aspect of the slogan "to Serve and Protect" but it does collect a ton of revenue from those who may speed through a manatee zone or dare drive a boat without the required permit i.e. teenagers just out kicking around the river in a small boat.

Recently FWC has been moved under the umbrella of "Homeland Security". (give it a rest guys) and now carry the full weight and power of the Federal Government - long live the king - eh?

1 comment:

  1. Not a big fan of the King's troops myself I can empathize. However I have seen almost every abuse possible on the water. Stupid inbred Florida crackers don't know enough not to squat in there own back yard.Illegal fishing dumping polluting and drunken boat drinking would be much worse than it is now.So ill have to put up with the King's Troops and just try to keep them away from me.

    ReplyDelete